Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DIY Mason Jar Candles



I am a big fan of both Mason Jars and Candles. On my rainy day off, I decided it was high time to combine these two interests and make some Mason Jar candles. Having never made my own candles before, I was a little apprehensive, especially as I am one of the world's clumsiest human beings. With visions of third degree candle wax burns dancing in my head, I started the process. I began by sticking wicks in the jars with tacky wax and securing it in place with BBQ skewers (those things can be used for anything!). I then melted the wax in a microwave safe bowl and added some fragrance ( I chose vanilla). Next, I carefully (emphasis on carefully) poured the wax into the jar using a measuring cup. I have to say, despite a few minor setbacks ( some spills and the whole why is the wax yellow dilemma ) it was both easy AND injury free. Sweet! I'm pretty pleased with the results too!





No comments:

Post a Comment