Thursday, February 16, 2012

Today's Crafty Adventure.....








Hello! Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine’s Day. Today’s crafty adventure involves wool, needles and knitting. A few months ago, I whipped up some hand knit cloths that I thought I would share. These can either be used for dishes or as wash cloths. They are especially good for babies and young children. You will want to use cotton wool of some type. I chose organic cotton wool, which is nice and soft. The pattern is quite simple: start by using seed stitch (knit one, purl one) for five or so rows. On the sixth row, use seed stitch for five or so stitches and then knit using garter stitch (knit, knit, knit, knit and so on) until you reach the last five stitches in the row. The last five stitches will again be in seed stitch. Apparently stitch markers will make this process a little easier (I spied some beautiful ones on Etsy). I, as usual, decided to live dangerously and did not use stitch markers. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Living dangerously usually produces the best results. ;D I love how soft these looks.

    ReplyDelete