Monday, April 2, 2012

Marvelous Idea Mondays: Book Review







There are so many great crafty books out there, I thought I would share with you a few of my favourites. Seven months ago, prior to moving into our first house, I was looking for some cool ideas to pretty up our new joint without spending a ton of cashola. It was the name that first struck my fancy: The Big Ass Book of Home Decor. Flipping through, I found this book full of unique and relatively inexpensive DIY ideas that were pretty kick ass. Now if your style is more refined than eclectic, this book may not be for you. But, if the idea of using plastic space men in rainbow colours to create a "boom sculpture" (page 207 if you are interested) appeals to you, I suggest you take a closer look. Some of my personal favourite projects include: Block Print Suzani Blanket (page 173), Chic Doodle Feather Pillow (page 33), Spin Art (page 199) and the Treetop Table (page 222). Enjoy!


Love, Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment